Simple fudge recipe


This is my very simple fudge recipe. My family and friends tend to be minimalists and do not like the extras such as nuts in the fudge.

Ingredients:
2 (12 ounce) bags of chips, any flavor that you want. I used chocolate chips in this recipe.
1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condense milk
1/4 cup of cream
1 tsp vanilla


***Quick note. Do NOT use fat free or low fat sweetened condensed milk for this recipe or it may not set up correctly


Combine ingredients in microwave safe bowl and microwave 1 minute at a time mixing well after each minute. Microwave in one minute increments until all is melted.

Pour in a 9 X 13 buttered pan. Allow to cool. Then cut into 1 inch cubes.

As said, this can be done with any flavored chips. I will make more fudge using butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, and even peppermint flavored chips.

 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I am a minimalist too. Married to the opposite type! Looks like the simplest recipe ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fat free condensed milk works great. Lining the pan with waxed paper means the fudge comes out easier. I use a heavy bottomed pot over med heat on the stove and use my hand beater/mixer in the pot on low. It mixes the fudge to a smooth consistancy much quicker. Also a dash of salt livens up the flavors. White Chocolate Chips and Crushed Candy Canes make a beautiful Bark Fudge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try this. I was always told that fat free wouldn't work, but since you have had luck with it, I see no reason to avoid the fat free condensed milk. :)

      Delete