Attic Window Quilt

Here is my attic window quilt. I have been working on it off and on for a couple of years and finally finished it. The panes are made from a space themed fabric. The light blue side window frame is made of a swirly pattern. The darker blue bottom part of the window pain is made from a star pattern. The borders between the window pane blocks are a darker blue that you can see better on the side borders of the quilt. The binding of this quilt is made from the extra red fabric that I had from the back blocks.  

Here is a closer view of the window pane blocks.

This is our dog, Jedi, walking on the quilt to find a comfortable spot. 

This is the back of the quilt. If I had picked the colors better, there would have been a 3-D illusion of long rectangular blocks. I have a fondness for illusion type quilts. 

I  made so many errors on this quilt. It was way to big for me to handle and I am disappointed in the way it turned out. It will still get a lot of use in our home, just wish that I had not tried to manage such a large quilt.

3 comments:

  1. Well, but you did finish it! And no one but God is perfect, so mistakes will creep into a quilt ... all of mine are that way. Congrats on the BIG finish, and very pet approved, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever considered doing miniature quilts for hot pads, or wall hangings... like 18 inches square or smaller?

    ReplyDelete