Finished quilt "Gaze into Fantasy"


My niece’s quilt is finished just in time for Thanksgiving. We will give it to her in the next couple of days.  I have named it “Gaze into Fantasy.”

Here is a photo the quilt back or what my niece calls the top. It is a fantasy scene with a fire breathing dragon flying over the castle. There is also a unicorn in the lower right of the quilt.

This is the top of the quilt or what my niece calls the bottom. This is an Attic Window pattern. People often gaze out windows. I combined the idea of both sides to determined the name.

These are “Magic Pillowcases” (or burrito pillowcases) made from the left over fabric of the quilt. The pink pillowcase looks a bit orange, but it is made from the same fabric as the window pane sides. 

I doubt that I will ever be able to make a quilt in a day like some, but I find making quilts so much fun. So I will keep making them, not matter how long they take. 

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt! Very well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt... Very well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Castles are so lovely, then to add a dragon, well, perfect.
    If I was wealthy (ha!) I'd have a castle built here on my hill
    in the country... wouldn't that be a fantasy?!

    ReplyDelete