My friend's first block!

Here is my friend's first block. I am unsure what it is called. We saw one like it on Pinterest and she liked the look of it. So that is what she made.

Some might think that it is too complicated for a first block, but I wanted to use her enthusiasm to motivate her. Also, I think that she will decide that other blocks don't look that intimidating in the future. 

One of my first blocks was an attic window. It was a very long time before I realized that "Y" seams were supposed to be difficult. I still have no problems making those type of seams. Unfortunately, I had heard how difficult curves were and I still have not even tried them. So I am hoping that my friend just enjoys the process of quilting and that her enjoyment of the craft encourages her to continue to try new blocks without that intimidation factor. 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely Beautiful...Where did you get the pattern...I would love to have to make a quilt for my bed...ryantwinz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on your block. Love to do one to. Did you make up the block yourself or is there a place to go get a copy
    Ilse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your block. love to try one as well. Is there somewhere you can go get a pattern for this block.
    Ilse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely block! Congrats to you as a teacher, too!

    ReplyDelete